Promote your event / Contact MCB

YOU HAVE REACHED MOTORCITYBLOG.
email us anytime motorcityblog@gmail.com



6/19/14

The Godfather of Goth Returned to Detroit

Peter Murphy
wsg. Ringo Death Starr

I have been waiting to see Peter Murphy for what seems like forever.  Everytime he would come to Detroit I always had something else going on.  Finally, I can check him off my list...and I am so #$@%&! happy!

That baritone voice...the lyrics...the historical significance of this singular man.  He is epic.  He truly is the Godfather of Goth.  And to be able to see him in the intimate setting of the Magic Stick in Detroit, literally 5-10 feet away from me at times...perfect.


Show opener, 'Hang Up'...


The Godfather himself...

The set list...


As for Ringo Death Starr, aside from the less-than-stellar audio quality of their lyrics, and not being able to understand a single word of their set, their sound reminded me of Smashing Pumpkins, so all was not completely lost.  I'd love to hear them again with some good audio...