Promote your event / Contact MCB

YOU HAVE REACHED MOTORCITYBLOG.
email us anytime motorcityblog@gmail.com



9/13/13

1 Day until Laneway – Pavilion Stage

Just one day until the Laneway Festival invades Meadow Brook Festival grounds, I’m sure they are working on the stages and setup as I type this. While it’s a bit brisk outside today, tomorrow is calling for a temp of 70 degrees and sunny, the definition of perfect festival weather. For the past 4 days I have previewed the Roscoe, Derrick, Meadow and Movement stage, so all that’s left is the main Pavilion Stage.

Pavilion Stage:

1:35 – 2:20 My Brightest Diamond – Here’s a rare name from Detroit that I haven’t heard of before. My Brightest Diamond is an experimental-pop band fronted by Shara Worden. Her last album All Things Unwind draws comparisons to bands like the National and Sufjan Stevens. A mix of the big, grand and indie music.

3:15 – 3:15 CHVRCHES – CHVRCHES has taken alternative radio and media by storm with their gorgeously textured synthpop. They hail from Scotland and putting the final touches to the debut full-length expected out this Fall. Also, just announced CHVRCHES is playing an after party at the Crofoot with doors at 10pm.


4:55—5:40 Icona Pop –  The bonafide pop group for the fest is a Swedish DJ Duo and of course you know their big hit, “I Love It.” I have a feeling that besides their pop and dance they have a few other surprises up their sleeve.

6:35 – 7:20 Solange – She doesn’t try to make a big deal about but Solange just happens to lil sis to Beyonce. View that however you want  because she’s been blazing a trail of her own with her recent True EP. Her music is dance, R&B with a bit of 80’s nostalgia thrown in.

8:20 – 9:35 Sigar Ros – Along with The National, Sigar Ros are the other headliners of the fest and from all the comments I’ve heard of their majestic live performances I’ve got my expectations set to 11.

There you have it, all the stages have been covered and info has been dispersed. Tickets are still available for the experience other cities around the world are looking enviously upon us for having it all to ourselves. See you there, I’m that nerd with the camera.