Promote your event / Contact MCB

YOU HAVE REACHED MOTORCITYBLOG.
email us anytime motorcityblog@gmail.com



10/1/12

Review of Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros By Jacob Giampa


I was thrilled to be asked to cover Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros this past Tuesday over at the Royal Oak Music Theater. After a few cancellations they band finally rescheduled a solid date in the Detroit market (thanks to the cross promotional genius of The Crofoot)

For only being a band of five years, ES&TMZ already have a huge following and they all showed up to show them some support. As with any sold out show there were some unhappy clams outside trying to get tickets but sold out means just that sucker!

Working my way into the venue I noticed the show was about to start and the band was coming out....and they just kept coming out ....and coming out......... and coming out.I think I counted 13 total band members but with so much going on they could have squeezed in a few more and no one would have been the wiser.

The crowd was definitely a eclectic but the funniest thing i saw was this hippie chick dancing with her arms in the air.  
She was super sexy and cool until I noticed she had the hairiest armpits I have ever seen in my life. I couldnt take my eyes off her and I noticed the dude dancing around her kept sticking his face full on into her pits! 

As the show went I could tell someone sparked a marijuana cigarette and within 10 minutes it smelled like everyone had lit one up.













This show was awesome in my mind and you could tell the singer (Alex Ebert) loved it from the many times standing on the security gate to be as close to the crowd as possible to the audience.