Promote your event / Contact MCB

YOU HAVE REACHED MOTORCITYBLOG.
email us anytime motorcityblog@gmail.com



8/20/12

Review: City Lights & Music Festival, Sat. Aug. 18, Grand Rapids

I don’t want to offend any of our readers but I pretty much do whatever I can to avoid our beloved Dream Cruise. Maybe it’s just my aversion to nostalgia for events that never happened in my lifetime (and I'm old!). So in my quest to skip the Dream Cruise this year I traveled across the state to Grand Rapids and took in the City Lights Music Festival (CLMF).

In its third year, CLMF is a 2-day celebration of electronic music, art and dancing held in the heart of Grand Rapids. This year over 40 DJs took to 3 different stages. The electronic music spanned all the genres ( and sub-genres) with more variety than I anticipated. A few of the DJ sets I enjoyed  included Milk'N'Cookies from Chicago, our very own Detroit Muscle and a fantastic set from DJ Icy. I talked to and took pictures of scores of friendly people, interviewed a few of the DJs and even took in some art. I'll be featuring some video from the festival soon.

Milk'N'Cookies

Detroit Muscle




This Post by Mikel O.D. of