Promote your event / Contact MCB

YOU HAVE REACHED MOTORCITYBLOG.
email us anytime motorcityblog@gmail.com



4/12/12

ROAD TRIP: MCB Does Cleveland- The Road To The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame DAY ONE (Thursday)



The drive to Cleveland was a breeze. It took 2 hours and 40 minutes because I took the scenic route of OH-2 which I highly recommend taking instead of the toll roads. You pass a Drive In Theater, a Gentlemens Club, a Wild African Drive Thru Safari, A Ice Cream Parlor, and of course the legendary Happy Hooker bait shop all on the way to Cleveland so imagine the possibilities on the way there or back.


Arrived in Cleveland and met up with a couple members of positively Cleveland. They arranged this adventure I'm going on and were very informative and helpful. There are 7 other writers/bloggers from across the country taking part in this same trip with me as well.



Our first stop was The Ritz Carlton. This is Cleveland's only four star hotel and it's not just speculation that participates in the Induction are staying at this very hotel. We were told ahead of time that if we see any "celebrities" that we would have to behave ourselves (I.E. not taking pictures, asking for autographs, or dry humping John Mellencamps leg). I was greeted with a vinyl record with my name on it as soon as I reached my table inside The Lobby Lounge on 6's. How awesome is that? On the reverse side was a selection of a couple of there famous "Rocktails" which are cocktails inspired by hit songs. The staff was very fun to be around and they also showed us their restaurant MUSE, but I'll have to eat there another time for another location was waiting for me in regards to dinner.




Our stop for dinner was The Prosperity Social Club. It's located in the Historic Tremont neighborhood and is a nice escape from the hustle and bustle of Downtown. The neighborhood is arty and full of independent business . I was greeted with a greatest hits CD featuring numerous Cleveland bands at my table. It's a classic 1938 bar complete with vintage beer memorabilia (yeah schlitz), chestnut walls, and even a old-fashioned bowling machine. A bowling machine in a bar. Now how cool is that my friends? Apparently there was only 70 of these models produced and the Prosperity Social Club is a proud owner of one of them. They served us several plates of appetizers and I also ordered a hamburger and fries which I enjoyed. I also tried tilapia for the very first time and I liked it. There was even a band playing as I ate and it was the perfect volume to accompany conversation and good eats. The PSC is surely a place I could see myself hanging out if it was closer to home. Be sure to stop in if your in town.






To round out the evening we headed over to the Quicken Loans Arena to see a free concert for Cleveland with performances from George Clinton and Parliament Funkadelic as well was Cleveland's own Kid Cudi.



George and P-Funk tore it up as they brought the funk to Cleveland. Hits such as Flashlight, We Want The Funk, and Atomic Dog sounded great. George may shaved his head, but he's still fun to watch. He sat down a few times during the set, but what do you expect from a 71 year old. He still dances like a 20 something and he always has a youthful P-Funk doing their parts.



Kid Cudi was a surprise for me. The guy can sing. He was backed by a live band and the crowd was really into him. A nice fusion of Hip Hop and Rock N' Roll.I will have to check out some more from Kid Cudi in the near future, but for now the evening must come to a close. I have a lot on the plate for tomorrow and the alarm will be ringing bright and early.







-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can check out the websites of those talked about above at...

The Ritz Carlton

The Prosperioty Social Club

The Q Arena

George Clinton and P-Funk


Kid Cudi


I plan on reporting daily on my Cleveland experience starting Thursday so stay tuned to MOTORCITYBLOG for updates.

You don't have to be a V.I.P. to take part in the numerous Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Week festivities. Come down to Cleveland this week and visit http://www.clevelandrockweek.com/ for details.

Follow my adventures in Cleveland...

MCB INVITED TO CLEVELAND FOR ROCK HALL INDUCTION
DAY ONE (THURSDAY) BLOG

DAY TWO (FRIDAY-Part 1) BLOG
DAY TWO (FRIDAY-Part 2) BLOG
DAY THREE (SATURDAY-Part 1) BLOG

DAY THREE (SATURDAY-Part 2 + Epilogue) BLOG