Promote your event / Contact MCB

YOU HAVE REACHED MOTORCITYBLOG.
email us anytime motorcityblog@gmail.com



4/17/12

My C2E2 Adventure -- with Pictures!

Mikel O.D. and Shia LeBeouf

I was going to call this post “My Weekend Hanging with Shia LaBeouf” but that would probably be a bit a bit of an overstatement as I only spent about 2 minutes with Shia, but I did get that great picture with him. What can’t be overstated was the incredible time I had this weekend at C2E2 – Chicago’s best comic and entertainment expo. Here’s a rundown on what I saw and took part in:

 Alison Haislip
So, let me just say that Alison Haislip of G4 and the Nerdest Podcast Family is one of the cutest women I’ve had my picture taken with. She was part of the Nerdist Panel on Friday where Chris Hardwick  talked about his growing Nerdist empire. Chris has several podcasts, a Youtube Channel, his ongoing Nerdist BBC show and Talking Dead shows. Which all makes me wonder if he doesn’t have clones sharing his workload, how else does he get it all done? The panel was an inspiration to media content creators, like myself who take what they are passionate about and turn it into a viable media outlet. To hear more on this, Chris is in town at Royal Oak Music Theatre this Friday, April 20, with his Nerdist Podcast show. 

Cosplayers
It’s not a comic convention without cosplayers (nerds in superhero costumes) and C2E2 has scores of cosplayers, especially on Saturday, where cosplayers could be seen with every head turn and some of the costumes definitely turned heads.

John Cusack
Nicholas Brendon
Two of my favorite “everyman” actors from my generation spoke at the show. Nicholas Brendon who played the ever amusing Xander on Buffy the Vampire Slayer and can be seen today on Criminal Minds was very entertaining as he spoke about his times on the set of BtVS and his acting life. I was surprised how candid and “blue” he spoke about things. John Cusack on the other hand was pretty low-key as he talked about his upcoming film “The Raven.” 

Stephen Rannazzisi


Kevin Brown aka Dotcom
 The surprise of the weekend, was the hilarious comedy show that featured Kevin Brown  (Dotcom from 30 Rock) and Stephen Rannazzisi from The League. While they were both completely out of their element doing standup in front of a crowd of over 250 nerds – several in costume, they did routines that had the crowd laughing the entire evening. If either of them come to a comedy club in the local area they are well worth plunking down some cash to see their routines.



The floor was filled with comic artists, writers and vendors, all which made my weekend fly by and my wallet a little thinner. C2E2 is definitely a con I will come back to. Some big recognition should go to the show promoters and staff as they made this show one of the best cons I’ve been to yet. 

This Post by Mikel O.D. of