Promote your event / Contact MCB

YOU HAVE REACHED MOTORCITYBLOG.
email us anytime motorcityblog@gmail.com



7/21/11

Wild At Heart - Lou Gramm pics

Wild Bill Ketelhut provides the "blog" to this anti-blog

Wild At Heart



I have had a lot of shows to do and I’m behind on getting my pictures ready for all you wonderful readers. In three months time, I have recorded over 100,000 views of my pictures which is really inspiring me to work harder and take even better pictures (when distance and lighting allows). I’m getting there. Not sure how warm it is in Detroit, but we are hovering around 100 degrees right now so typing this in an air conditioned environment is OK with me.

I wanted some of these pictures to originally be shown with my interview with the Guess Who’s Garry Peterson, but alas, it was not meant to be. As my buddy Saad was hanging with the band, I was seeing this Rochester based singer (I guess the guy who comes closest to being our Kid Rock) at a free festival at our Farmer’s Market. That guy is Lou Gramm, the former lead singer of Foreigner, so you won’t see him if you go to the Journey concert at Pine Knob which has both Foreigner and Night Ranger opening (a show I’ll be seeing at Darien Lake). However, that column worked well enough with the Burton Cummings pics and allows me more time to get the best pics.

While I had a great spot to shoot in the crowd, I do admit the psychedelic back drop really played havoc with my autofocus but I never claimed to be a professional, just Wild. The local Tommy Burnett opened so I’ll start with pictures from them. Tommy is a rock N roller with a hint of Johnny Cash (one of his sons is named Cash – the other is Jagger) thrown in who has even gotten the notice of Detroit’s own Ted Nugent. For fans of useless information, in 1988, his Rochester band Immaculate Mary was named “Loudest Pop Group” by the Guinness Book of World Records when it hit 120 decibels at 50 yards during a local record store promotion. He is not that loud today but plays a nice style of rock that would fit right in with the Detroit scene.
Tommy Brunett Band
Tommy Brunett
Brunett - duo

Tommy's violinist

Brunett's back-up

Brunett band again

Brunett and drummer

Brunett's violinist rocks

Brunett soulful

Known for hits like “Waiting For A Girl Like You”, “Cold As Ice” and “Midnight Blue”, Gramm has been doing the solo thing or touring with Black Sheep (a band he formed pre-Foreigner) for a number of years. In 2009, he released a Christian rock album and has another on the way soon (of which he performed 2 songs from the night I saw him). The closest he will be to Detroit in the near future is an August 17th performance at Chicago’s Navy Pier. Enjoy the multi-colored pics.

Lou Gramm

Gramm bassist

Gramm guitarist

Lou Gramm red

Gramm bassist mellow

Gramm and bassist

Lou Gramm intimidate

Gramm guitar and keyboards

Lou Gramm #1

Lou Gramm hiding

Lou Gramm screams

Gramm Crazy guitarist

Lou Gramm purple

Hope you enjoy these pics and stay tuned for pics from Rochester’s Ribfest with the likes of Felice Bothers, Rev Peyton’s Big Damn Band and Swamp Dogg. Later!!