Promote your event / Contact MCB

YOU HAVE REACHED MOTORCITYBLOG.
email us anytime motorcityblog@gmail.com



1/18/11

Wild At Heart

Wild Bill Ketelhut provides the "blog" to this anti-blog
He has a radio program on WXOU out of Oakland University

Wild At Heart


It’s Tuesday, the day after Martin Luther King Day which closed the libraries so I didn’t post this blog yesterday. It was also the birthday of yours truly and Detroit’s own Kid Rock (still upset I wasn’t invited to your Ford Field birthday bash and I heard it rocked).

Not much going on. I just attended a job fair in search of work which was actually worth it. Back in Detroit, I used to get pissed off going to job fairs and seeing nothing but all commission jobs, being a sheriff in Lubbock, TX or other worthless things. Here, at least there are a few companies, like Xerox, which are looking for real applicants. However, I am pissed that Yahoo has decided to modify their email servers in the middle of a busy day. Why couldn’t they do this on MLK Day when libraries and other places the unemployed without computers go to are closed? Or how about overnight when most of us are sleeping? I have been unable to get online and check my email for about three hours now.

Not much this week at all it concert news but here are a few recommendations. Next week should be better.

Friday (1/21) – country stars Lonestar @ Andiamo Celebrity Showroom, North Mississippi All-Stars open for Robert Plant @ Hill Auditorium (Ann Arbor), local jam band the Ragbirds @ the Ark

Saturday (1/22) – Leon Redbone @ the Ark

If you are wondering how old I am, I’ll just say my age is the answer to life, the universe and everything.