Promote your event / Contact MCB

YOU HAVE REACHED MOTORCITYBLOG.
email us anytime motorcityblog@gmail.com



6/22/09

Sat 6/27 -- ART SMACK by HATCH @ Hamtramck Public Library

Hatch Lecture Series presents
Art Smack:
The no-nonsense wake-up-call lecture and portfoliocritique
Saturday, June 27, 1pm - 4pm Hamtramck Public Library, 2360 Caniff St., Hamtramck, MI 48212 A lecture and portfolio review with Haley Roberts (local galleryprofessional) and Lauren Semivan (professional artist).
Topics will include:
" Marketing yourself and your artwork " What do galleries look for? " How / What to research when looking for representation " Types of galleries " Preconceived notions about galleries Why do they take 50%? What can a gallery do for me that I cannot do for myself? Why would I want a gallery to represent me? Exclusivity and its perks The business of being an artist
$5.00 suggested donation.
Space is limited! RSVP to lists@hatchart.org