Promote your event / Contact MCB

YOU HAVE REACHED MOTORCITYBLOG.
email us anytime motorcityblog@gmail.com



6/16/09

paul hitz on Detroit

paulhitzmcb

Tuesday already? time flies when you're havin fun, as they say. I wanted this bit to be about Volunteering in Detroit but it didn't happen yet, I need more time and well, experience before I can talk about it, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to type this. See the thing about it is that I want to give something back to Detroit other than my damn money. Time, talent, knowledge, life and shit like that is what Detroit needs, a belief in a city that's against the ropes, the underdog, and I haven't done all of that yet, but I will, I believe in Detroit, so once I actually do some volunteering in Detroit myself, I'll kick that story a little more.

For now I have to once again point out how much Detroit know how to party, this weekend was no exception leading up to the Red Bull Air Races. Not only was MCB at Bonnaroo, Huey Lewis and METRIC MCB was on both sides of the River this weekend to get 'All of It'

check out photos from all four ME | RIAZ | CHERIE | GENE
there should be links at all of our photos back to MCB

I'd like to thank the people over at Red Bull for their hospitality this weekend, they always do such an awesome job of taking care of their patrons and media, very impressive. I experienced the same thing last year at DEMF and the Air Races. This year, RBAR hooked in with several local bars to get the word out about these local establishments, all in line with their advertisements for RBAR! It seemed Detroit gave them the keys to the City to setup whatever they wanted and they ran with it with class. Really, how cool is that? to promote local bars as part of their Saturday night events and celebration party! Bravo

pause

i guess last week flew by so fast cause Monday I was up at the Crofoot in Pontiac checking out An Horse (opening touring band, TELEKINESIS from Seattle rocked, Cotton Lilly started). AN HORSE, who I severely under estimated in several ways, I listened to their music, its driving aussie styled rock and roll, image, art, check... but not on youtube where they were on freakin Letterman are you kidding me? featured on the blog earlier this month of course... I had a Blue Moon with Kate and Damon in the dressing room before the show and talked to them about their tour and Detroit. All the way from Australia they've been to Michigan before and were intrigued with its past and present and so much history and wanted to know more, they wanted to go exploring, so next time a Tour of Detroit is in order.

here's a slideshow from our friends An Horse, download their music, check em out

****************************************
random parting thoughts:
Jacoby's is a great place to 'regroup'
tooth brush
whos going to Rothbury?
Jimi Hendrix and Jerry Garcia are my two favorite guitarist
chicken peanuts
paul_hitz@yahoo.com

"MCB IS DETROIT"
Check out more MCB-VIDEOs here